Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.32.56

Good evening everyone,

So here is my setup

Asus 68U router running merlin and AirVPN is setup though the router.  I have 100/10 speed from my cable provider, yet am only able to get between 10-20 down using AirVPN.  From my understanding my router should be able to get 50 down with the processed it has. i have tried setting up on port 1194 and port 443 both using UDP.  the closest server to me is about 100 miles away.  any suggestions?  Thanks!

Are you using openvpn client 1?  That should be coded to use core 2.  But, just make sure that when you are downloading/testing core 1 and 2 are being used.  If only one core is being used, switch to the next openvpn client.

try other servers and other ports, try TCP too.  you don't need to upload a new config each time.  Just change the IP address of the server, or just change the port number.  then click save. 

sometimes the closest server doesn't have as good a route to you as other servers.

Also, to get 50mbit/s you'll need to overclock it to about 1.2mhz.  Stock 800mhz won't do it.

https://www.snbforums.com/forums/asuswrt-merlin.42/  See that forum for some help.

Are you using openvpn client 1?  That should be coded to use core 2.  But, just make sure that when you are downloading/testing core 1 and 2 are being used.  If only one core is being used, switch to the next openvpn client.

try other servers and other ports, try TCP too.  you don't need to upload a new config each time.  Just change the IP address of the server, or just change the port number.  then click save. 

sometimes the closest server doesn't have as good a route to you as other servers.

Also, to get 50mbit/s you'll need to overclock it to about 1.2mhz.  Stock 800mhz won't do it.

https://www.snbforums.com/forums/asuswrt-merlin.42/  See that forum for some help.

Thank you very much for the answer.