Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.207.129

Hello,

I'm using AirVPN from China and am getting Speed between 100 (or less) and 1000 (rarely) kbit/s. I tried to set the TCP/UDP buffer sizes to 256 KB, which didn't change anything. Then I saw another forum post where it was suggested to set them to OpenVPN on a Linux machine, which didn't change anything either. I am using Eddie 2.12.4 (before updating to this version the speed was very low too), so I tried to speed up through the mssfix (which I entered in the settings OVPN directives -> Custom directives), unfortunately no change in speed either.

I tried choosing some Servers in Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore), but they seemed to be even slower than European ones, which I would get through autom

Hello,

I'm using AirVPN from China and am getting Speed between 100 (or less) and 1000 (rarely) kbit/s. I tried to set the TCP/UDP buffer sizes to 256 KB, which didn't change anything. Then I saw another forum post where it was suggested to set them to OpenVPN on a Linux machine, which didn't change anything either. I am using Eddie 2.12.4 (before updating to this version the speed was very low too), so I tried to speed up through the mssfix (which I entered in the settings OVPN directives -> Custom directives), unfortunately no change in speed either.

I tried choosing some Servers in Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore), but they seemed to be even slower than European ones, which I would get through automatic selection anyways.

Is there anyone using AirVPN in China with acceptable speed, at least above 10 mbit/s? Or does anyone have any suggestions what I could be doing wrong / could try to get more speed? Before I've been using a friends Astrill VPN, which has been way faster than what I'm getting in speed now. However, I changed to another Linux distribution and couldn't get Astrill running on it. I would love to keep using AirVPN, but ...

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick response!

I tried that, but get the error "ssl not found" for all three options. Does that have to do with Eddie, AirVPN or am I missing some packages? I'm using Manjaro, with the openssl packages installed.

Judging by my 20 minutes of testing so far the speed has improved quite a bit!

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

My ISP, TalkTalk appears to be disrupting my connection when I use AirVPN.  My connection has been reliable for years, and still is until I use airVPN.  i hope the ssl tunnel is a way around this.  Is there a thread telling how to set this up?  I'm using the Eddie client to connect to the VPN.

Thanks In Advance. 

Hello,

My ISP, TalkTalk appears to be disrupting my connection when I use AirVPN.  My connection has been reliable for years, and still is until I use airVPN.  i hope the ssl tunnel is a way around this.  Is there a thread telling how to set this up?  I'm using the Eddie client to connect to the VPN.

Thanks In Advance. 

In Eddie just go into preferences>protocols and select SSL.  Then (re)connect.