Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.66.206
Sign in to follow this  
cinemaphonic

Noob set up question - AirVPN Eddie on Mac OSX - Did I set up correctly? Please Help.

Hi everyone. I'm new to VPN in general. I downloaded eddie and got it running. It seems to be running and I am connected to a Canadian server with a new ip address thanks to AirVPN/Eddie. 

So here's where the dumb question comes: Do I have to do anything else besides having Eddie up and running? Do I close my Wifi on my Mac? DO I need to do a VPN configuration via Network settings? INternet is working, but I just want to make sure I'm totally running just on AirVPN, and not my normal Wifi and AirVPN. Again, I don't know what I'm doing to the extent that i didn't even know how to search this on google. 

Thanks!

Ok I went through everything in that link and I still don't quite understand if I'm doing this right. I did up/DNS tests and my connection passed. But I still don't get if I am supposed to change settings in my Mac's network settings, or if Eddie takes care of everything. Right now I have my wifi running and connected with my ISP and Eddie is up and running. Is this correct?

Thanks so much. I know this is probably very obvious, but I'm mainly questioning myself because I'm so new to this and the set up was deceptively easy.