Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.83.150
looski

Another Plex remote access Access issue

Hi everyone, 

first time posting on the forum.  I hope someone can help me out.  I have read a lot regarding Plex Remote access but cant seem to identify a suitable fix for my issue.. 

I have the following setup 

Router:  Asus AC-32000 running Merlin 3.80

Plex Server:   Running on a QNAP TVS-471 NAS

I have configured AirVPN on the router will policy based routing in place so the Plex Server and traffic goes over the VPN whilst regular user traffic is routed outside the VPN - unless i choose to use Eddie.. 

I have configured port forwarding on Airvpn - Protocol UDP and TCP with local port of 32400

On the Plex Server i have chosen to manually specify public port and used the same port configured on the Airvpn platform. 

My Router supports UPNP, but i have setup a port forward from the public port to the internet Plex Server iP - port 32400.  

Have also tried the configuration with the port forward on the router.  

Prior to routing Plex traffic over VPN, i could connect to the server remotely without any issues.  Now i cant.  

Any idea what i need to allow remote connectivity to my Plex server over the VPN tunnel?  

Looski

A little more to add to the troubleshooting.. 

When i use Open Port Check tool to test the the custom port configured on Arvpn is open on the external public IP assigned to the NAS at the time is says the Port is Closed. 

If i use Eddie to connect to Airvpn from my Mac for testing - it seems to connect ok but not the target state i am after