Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.101.170

Hi,

Long-time AirVPN user, I'm on a linux PC, using the ufw method described here: (https://airvpn.org/topic/5586-prevent-leaks-with-linux-firestarter-also-stop-traffic-when-vpn-drops/?p=14095). I would like to share this connection with other devices, having my PC serve as a kind of router. Assume I cannot modify my router or the other devices to natively use AirVPN. I have been able to create a wifi hotspot using an ethernet connection. However, my devices are unable to complete the connection until I disable the firewall. Obviously, this is not an acceptable solution as it will allow leaks and I was wondering if anyone here in the community could modify randombit and worric's method to allow hotspot usage.

On further testing, it seems the issue is that the devices do not connect to tun0 and instead only to eth0, thus essentially making this hotspot pointless. I have tried bridging eth0 to tun0 using bridge-utils, but this breaks the eth0 connection. I would appreciate any suggestions from staff or community.