Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.208.183

Hi All,

New customer here. I've recently switched ISPs and have been running ipleak.net to ensure my IP address is obscured. The findings are below:

My IP address is being masked but I cannot work out what the other two IP addresses under WebRTC are for. 192.x.x.x is probably LAN related? Is the 10.x.x.x address anything to be concerned about?

Thanks

The ipleak.net site has a What is a "WebRTC leaks"? info section below the test results near the bottom of the page. The section includes info about available browser extensions to disable or toggle WebRTC. There are other methods to disable WebRTC like changing browser "under the hood" config settings, but using the extensions make it easier.

Update: For Firefox, I recommend Disable WebRTC add-on by Chris Antaki.

192.168.x.x to 192.168.255.255 is a Class C private address range

10.x.x.x to 10.255.255.255 is a Class A private address range

Private addresses are as common as dirt and not routable, and can not be used, on the internet. Nothing can be disclosed from them and its a pretty good chance there are millions of others with the same private IP addresses you have. They are nothing to worry about if your address are truly private range Ip addresses. However, even though your real IP address was not disclosed this time in the test it does indicate that your system NAT is exposed and can possibly be exploited via WebRTC with more refined WebRTC techniques that are not used in that test you used so you need to stop the WebRTC leak to shut off access to the NAT from the outside. Fortunately its very easy to do.

If you are using Firefox: Enter about:config in the address bar, press enter key. In the page with the warning that comes up, if it does, click through it. In the next page in the little search block at the top enter (or copy and paste this) media.peerconnection.enabled, press the enter key and when the entry shows up double click to set it to false , all done.

If using Chrome > get this and use it > WebRTC Network Limiter

If using Internet Explorer or Edge > nothing to worry about for WebRTC