Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.184.90
BetterCallSaulVPN

comprehensively hide tor

Viewing tor through a VPN with DPI is fairly easy because of the packet sizes. Not sure if ssl fixes this, and I think obfsproxy makes it harder but not impossible to detect usage. Any1 have suggestions for completely hiding tor from ISP?

I think you are very wrong about this being "easy" to see from a connection that is already impossible to see the contents of thanks to OpenSSL.

Let us try a very brief, and not too close look at how Tor would work over a VPN.

You connect to the VPN first. All packets are of uniform size, and nothing is plaintext. No content can be identified, and no destinations other than the VPN server are ever visible to anyone other than the VPN server sending your packets.

Now you connect to Tor. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the previous statement has changed to an outside observer.

So unless you have malware running on your system, this is completely invisible.

Anyone have anything to add? Have I simplified this too much? Please do not hold back.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.