Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.146.114
nordicfrost

Any recommended SeedBox service that shares the same values and quality as AirVPN?

I think i made a good choice with my VPN-Provider, i feel good about it, but i am also interested in a seedbox for those times when seeding/leeching for long periods is not feasible. Any good recomendations?

Quality over price please.

Cheers!

p.s.

Of course i am talking about seeding GNU/Linux ISO's!

Why not renting your own server for that? Doesn't have to be something very high end, if only storage and bandwidth matters.

Just for example:

https://billing.time4vps.eu/cart/storage-server/&step=0

Dedicated CPU: 1 x 1.90 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
Storage: 1024 GB
Bandwidth: 8 TB
Backups: Unavailable
Virtualization: OpenVZ

12 Euros/quarter, which makes it a much better solution than all those questionable resellers, and you can have your own OS on it.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Why not renting your own server for that? Doesn't have to be something very high end, if only storage and bandwidth matters.

Just for example:

12 Euros/quarter, which makes it a much better solution than all those questionable resellers, and you can have your own OS on it.

this would have the same problem as using your own VPS as a VPN server - it's got your info all over it.

How and what info exactly? The torrents are public anyway, so it's not that there should be any private data on it in the first place.

And how is that different from renting a shared low-quality product somewhere else?

Totally different thing than renting a VPS for your own VPN server, which will then have your traffic, and usually only your traffic to/from it.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Hi!

This VPS provider looks interesting zhang888 but I have 2 questions if I may:

1) Do you know more reliable providers, preferably with servers located in central Europe (NL, BE, CH) or with good peering across Europe like time4vps? (I only ask because I like to have multiple options)

2) Why did you pick time4vps and the others (if any)?

I'm using www.seedboxes.cc after trying a couple of other providers

Don't know anything about their principles but they are great imo.

Good speed and lots of easily 1 click- installable "apps"  and such plus plex support. 

- price, pretty expensive 

Time4vps is great! I got a storage-VPS over there for what essentially is pocketchange!

Nordisk jeg og! 

I'm using www.seedboxes.cc ...

I'd rather stay away from seedboxes, they're like the PIA of hosting: overrated and overpriced. And I don't know why but they make me feel uneasy!

Just for example:

Thank you for trying to help me. I looked at their TOS

And i do not think they would be very excited about me running a seedbox from within their infrastructure. Also i am not really sure it is possible to run a torrent client  inside their storage server. It is not the same as a vps.

I will keep my eyes open though.

Thanks for all the replies, i appreciate everyones help!

They host dozens of so called "seedboxes" so that should not be an issue

Wow... i didn't know that, thanks!

I am currently checking out their vps pricing as we speak. Definitely  more premium in comparison with their storage but i will think about it. Getting my own vps is a small leap out of my comfort zone!

They host dozens of so called "seedboxes" so that should not be an issue. When you get your own VPS server, you can install anything you want on it, including a torrent client.

Greetings zhang888, I was just taking a look at this thread tonight and had me very interested.  I was with Feral Hosting for years and they were awesome but are having major problems right now and are not allowing new customers at this time due to some legal issues late last year but on their waiting list as they rebuild their entire network.

The example host you recommend, is there any kind of tutorial they give you on how to setup your own seedbox?  I want to use public trackers.  Or is it possible you can either give us an example on how to setup a seedbox on a VPS?  Thanks for your input and I am very intrigued.

I think i made a good choice with my VPN-Provider, i feel good about it, but i am also interested in a seedbox for those times when seeding/leeching for long periods is not feasible. Any good recomendations?

Quality over price please.

Cheers!

p.s.

Of course i am talking about seeding GNU/Linux ISO's!

Chmuranet.com - tag line "...the place where no one knows your name" . Never used them myself but can see on my statsitics that they are fast. Have seen raving reviews on reddit and support from chmuranet guys.

One I use and I'm more that happy with: seedhost.eu unbeatable speeds and quality. However, with bandwith limits.

Both very good, use the same NL datacenters as air. Excellent peering, freakily awesome speeds.

Thank you ZPKZ for the link but as many know Torrent-Invites is down and has been for quite awhile. They may not be back. Appreciate your effort though. Anybody else that can refer me to a tutorial on how to setup your own seedbox?

..is there any kind of tutorial they give you on how to setup your own seedbox?  I want to use public trackers.  Or is it possible you can either give us an example on how to setup a seedbox on a VPS?  Thanks for your input and I am very intrigued.

http://www.torrent-invites.com/seedbox-tutorials/272859-script-rule.html

I couldn't make it work tho