Not connected, Your IP: 18.189.180.244
Sign in to follow this  
concat

AirVPN using huge amounts of bandwidth

I've had issues with AirVPN being slow, but I have come to accept that.  I guess the service just isn't as good as I expected it to be, but it will do for the year.  That being said, lately my AirVPN client has been using HUGE amounts of bandwidth while my computer is completely idle.  It goes from anywhere between 30-120 Mbps down, 5-8 Mbps up.  This happens with all other applications closed, and confirmed through the task manager in Windows 10.  As soon as I disable AirVPN, the massive amount of network usage stops, and everything goes back to normal.  

The real annoying thing is that I can't approach speeds using AirVPN that hit those numbers, yet some ghost issue connected to AirVPN is sapping a huge chunk of my bandwidth for seemingly nothing?  What is AirVPN downloading?

There's nothing slow at all about AirVPN.  I can max out my 50/50 connection, and my buddy can max out his 100/100 on many servers.  I wouldn't be so quick to blame the service.