Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.29.49

Hi all,

Just signed up. Setup my router (Asus DSL-AC68U) using the generated config file. Tried a number of different options.

I connect ok and get the green tick in the router but immediately my DNS all goes to hell.

Only a handful of websites work unless I disable the VPN again.

Do I need to change additional settings. Used previous VPN's without issue although not OPENVPN ones.

Any tips appreciated.

To add this is only happening via router setup.

e,.g. if I install OpenVPN client on the PC and set this up it is perfect. Setup the router and DNS only seems to work for about 25% of the internet.

How could I check what DNS servers it is using ??

In the router I have the option in WAN setup to disable Auto DNS and then can manually add DNS server 1 & 2. Should I be doing this and what DNS server should I use for AirVPN?

Thanks for any help. 

Hi!

I have the same Asus router and initially noticed similar issues which had with a couple of VPN providers I got trials with before settling on AirVPN. From my understanding Googling about DNS issues and the router believe that it is a bug with the latest firmware for the DSL-AC68U, as you may see regular log entries about DNS probe failed. Downgraded the firmware to the July release of 3.0.0.4.380_3281 and so far the DNS has behaved.

Another helpful hint that you may want to disable NAT Acceleration if you've not done so already on the router. As VPN traffic would max out at 8Mb with it enabled, but get nearish my lines speed over the VPN with it disabled. Also found this mentioned on a couple of other sites via Google.

Hi!

I have the same Asus router and initially noticed similar issues which had with a couple of VPN providers I got trials with before settling on AirVPN. From my understanding Googling about DNS issues and the router believe that it is a bug with the latest firmware for the DSL-AC68U, as you may see regular log entries about DNS probe failed. Downgraded the firmware to the July release of 3.0.0.4.380_3281 and so far the DNS has behaved.

Another helpful hint that you may want to disable NAT Acceleration if you've not done so already on the router. As VPN traffic would max out at 8Mb with it enabled, but get nearish my lines speed over the VPN with it disabled. Also found this mentioned on a couple of other sites via Google.

not only that but in my experience NAT acceleration would "leak" by allowing connections made prior to the VPN connection to continue to exist instead of forcing everything through the VPN tunnel.