Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.91.118
Sign in to follow this  
calcu007

1 Gbit/s servers, bandwitch, ect

What means a 1Gbit/s server? I know it is related to bandwitch But can anyone explain me better? Also How is posible that for example 50 users can use 300Mbit/s and 100 users use less ( maybe 200Mbit) in a server? Also that 1Gbit/s is the port size? or total?  What is the port size in Air servers?

What means a 1Gbit/s server? I know it is related to bandwitch But can anyone explain me better? Also How is posible that for example 50 users can use 300Mbit/s and 100 users use less ( maybe 200Mbit) in a server?

Unless people are actively doing something, they take up almost no bandwidth, active browsing (non video) can take maybe a few hundred kilobits to 1 or two mbit per second. However, if i am downloading a 100gb file i may be able to use  bandwidth others are not using, so the server may allocate me 100+ mbits. Simply put the server gives you the bandwidth it's capable of giving you unless the server itself caps out. As far as 50 users 300mbit and 100 users less than 200mbit, its as simple as 50 users using more bandwidth than the 100 on the other server. 

PS: Gigabit=1000 mbit/s

That 1Gbit/s bandwith its a monthly allotment or that allotment is different? The port size is unlimited?

That 1Gbit/s bandwith its a monthly allotment or that allotment is different? The port size is unlimited?

It's not a monthly allotment.

It is simply the amount of data a server is capable of transferring per second at any given time.