Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.185.123
Sign in to follow this  
Ricnvolved1956

UH OH! Heeeeeerrre we go....

For anyone considering starting a vpn or email or cryptocurrency business-- Stay the f*ck out of the U.S.! Stay the f*ck out of the U.K.! How many times does something like this have to happen before people finally figure it out?!

http://gizmodo.com/bitcoin-exchange-ordered-to-give-irs-years-of-data-on-m-1789544707/amp

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

A lie is as good as the truth when everyone believes.

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News

Dismissing entire countries because they can legally force businesses to disclose financial data is too unpractical.

What is exactly the risk here for VPN and email providers while using coinbase? The only people who should be worried

are ones that had accounts there and used them in order to avoid taxes in the U.S.

If you used Bitcoins to pay for a VPN service via Coinbase without having an account - you are not in that group.

This is also one of the reasons Coinbase is trusted among businesses, without it no serious company will ever attempt

to process Bitcoin payments, since trusting some random offshore exchange is the right way to lose your money when

it's hacked or decides to disappear, both of which happened not once.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Zhang-- Thank you for your informative reply. I wasn't trying to link vpn and email services having concerns from using Coinbase. Just that those 3 types of businesses, when based in the U.S. and U.K., are at clear risk of privacy invasion and overreach. No sympathy from me for anyone bent on illegal tax evasion. My suspicion is that this legal action against Coinbase is at least as much about just plain spying as it is about catching tax evaders.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

A lie is as good as the truth when everyone believes.

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News