Not connected, Your IP: 3.227.239.160
Sign in to follow this  
Veep Peep

Offline media player

Hello,

I have a patriout media player.  What I like most about it is, it's offline.  I can play media by plugging in a USB stick of material.  I don't want something streaming or net connected.  Handy for traveling too where there is no internet (lo bandwidth or none)

https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Office-High-Definition-Player-PCMPBO25/dp/B002Q4U9PY

It looks like a Roku does not have this ability and Patriot is no longer is business... Hoping to see an updated version...

Thoughts?

Mr. V

Use VLC and disable network access with a firewall. Problem solved. It works equally well on Linux as it does on Windows.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

Use VLC and disable network access with a firewall. Problem solved. It works equally well on Linux as it does on Windows.

true - could do that.  I like to watch my shows on a TV...my old ancient tube tv with RCA jacks....old school...