Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.238.141
Sign in to follow this  
rheasearch

Stuttering Connection

I Am Having this content issues where the connecting with jump a half a second to a 2 seconds normal during web use i wont notice but when playing games it is painfully obvious and it happens about every 2-5 mins

Happens on all servers

All Ports/SSH/SSL

Changed the socket buffer size from 128KB to Default didn't seem to make a difference

And i get better ping with the vpn on

There is nothing much we can do with a description of "playing games".

You should run the standard speed tests and latency tests (ping) to various servers,

you can use the Air client and the ping it shows to various servers in the world as a

reference. If your ISP provides good latency to these servers, then the issue is on

the other end (your game server and/or its provider).

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

There is nothing much we can do with a description of "playing games".

You should run the standard speed tests and latency tests (ping) to various servers,

you can use the Air client and the ping it shows to various servers in the world as a

reference. If your ISP provides good latency to these servers, then the issue is on

the other end (your game server and/or its provider).

sorry about not being clear of what my issues is let me try and  elaborate.

Speed tests are slow to start but get to my max speed

Latency is stellar better than any other vpn i have used

So then to determine if it is the game server, isp, or something wrong with my setup i did a quick test

Started playing Overwatch normaly

and had a command prompt up with |||  ping 8.8.8.8 -l 512 -t

every time I had stuttering issues I would check the terminal

The stuttering was in sync with Request timed out.

Did the same test without the VPN and i had no stuttering within 30 minute test (Compared to 8 times w/the vpn on)

Possible useful information I have ran TCP optimizer on optimal settings @150 Mbps

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
    Packets: Sent = 334, Received = 325, Lost = 9 (2% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 25ms, Maximum = 511ms, Average = 27ms
Control-C
^C
C:\Windows\system32>

took my dog for a walk nothing else was running

no not at all my previous tests would be around 12%

i re-did the original test and got this

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
    Packets: Sent = 381, Received = 377, Lost = 4 (1% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 51ms, Average = 26ms

for the afk test i just closed any active window (youtube twitch twitter) and left it ie: didn't close any programs to cause this new outcome

So I know why I been having issues, the vpn server named Alkaid has been acting up for me randomly

Alkaid

Sometimes works just fine and everything is equal to Parvonis functionally wise (Both Chicago Servers)

But when it dose act up the following happens

1# The End user to VPN server behaves normally but something between the VPN server and the End destination makes the pink spike and causes instability, but this is not the case for everything. The Issue I was having in particular was with Overwatch the ping would jump from 38 to 88 but overwatch server would stay the same ip wise (Determined by Ctrl+Shift+N https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/718)

#2 The Stuttering, when I had a command prompt open w/ping 8.8.8.8 -t the loss was >2% but in overwatch it was closer to 15% (Determined by Ctrl+Shift+N https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/718)

Everything was fixed by switching to Parvonis which to my knowledge is hosted by the same company Swiftway

So after all that I do have to say how happy I am with it regardless of all the issues

By far the fastest vpn server i have ever used in terms of everthing, (speed, tos, features, friendly community and staff)

It Gave me better ping time's in games normal my ping is around 60-80 w/out vpn and w/ 90-150

Example overwatch: I get a 36ms delay from my location to the server in Chicago and 38 in game where that timing could of been up to 60-80ms with out the vpn just amazing!