Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.214.249

Hi all

Today I have a 1gbit connexion (my WAN) and I need to have a 24/24 connexion to airvpn.

Before I used the client on a local computer, that works fine but I do not want to let a computer ON 24/24 (power consumption to high)

So now I have set up airvpn inside my DDWRT router (R7800)power consumption is really better,  but due to the low CPU power, my speed connexion is approximatively 50 Mbits...

So I would like to know which will be the best device to :

-maximise VPN connexion speed( hope 200 mbits??)

-still save some energy

I was thinking to the following : raspberry, NAS, mini Computer (barebone or other...)

Any help will be appreciated!

thx

this is really expensive and I already have a router.

Has anyone tried to setup airvpn over raspberry or mini computer? beter results than with router I presume?

this is really expensive and I already have a router.

Has anyone tried to setup airvpn over raspberry or mini computer? beter results than with router I presume?

what's a mini computer for you?   If you do build or buy a pfsense box use your current router as a wifi access point.  it won't go to waste.

If you want to get close to 200 Mbps capability you'll need a router that has a cpu capable of processing that much data, a router like this won't be cheap, none of the consumer grade routers I've seen can do it. Raspberry Pi is a no go it's just not fast enough. Realistically a x86 box running pfSense or similar is probably your best option.