Not connected, Your IP: 52.55.214.236
lordbeau

Some other VPNs I've used (though I always come back to Air)

In case anyone is interested, I have used these other VPNs, some of which I half-recommend, though I always come back to Air:

Mullvad: "trustworthy" but hardly any servers (just five servers), and their client is rather basic. You have to enable various settings for proper protection which are left unticked by default. Not a patch on Air.

IVPN - too expensive and their client was not so great. Did not go back.

hide.me - apparently trustworthy, but their Windows client does not protect you if it crashes (I tried it and it just closes their connection). Their android client is quite good, though.

PIA - some servers fast, some slow. I do believe that they are trustworthy as their infrastructure and admin APPEAR to be based outside the USA these days (according to an interview with their head), despite their office being in the USA. However, their links to the USA do not reassure.... android client is quite good.

Cyberghost - the only real alternative to Air, IMHO. The protection survives if their client crashes, though it seems robust (never crashed on me for real). Their privacy policy seems transparent. Their new client is rather over-flashy. One "good" point is that at browserleaks it does not reveal an OpenVPN connection so somehow they hide that (though does that mean there is no actual confirmation of encryption for us wanting to check?)

and of course:

Air VPN - far and away the best, with total transparency and great speeds, served with love. The only VPN I truly trust (I know we shouldn't!). My only issue is the dreaded "waiting for TUN/TAP driver to come up" though so far today it has not happened. The new beta client is great fun.

You will see that my technical knowledge of VPN is not the highest but I can look for the basics. I'd be interested to hear what others think of the above (this is after all, the competitors' forum!).

I just subscribed to Air after having my 1-year subscription with PIA run out, I tried the 3-day trial and then instantly went for the 1-year plan, it seems that Air is really quite respected by everyone and I do love all the statistics they have on the servers, PIA was way to plain when it came to that, nevertheless PIA seemed trustworthy and I would have stayed there (because I didn't really know about Air) if it weren't for their affiliations with the USA.

I would not use hide.me. Their client has a killswitch but if the client crashes or is closed unexpectedly, you are not protected and are left in the clear.

Cyberghost's strengths are:

- Robust killswitch (it keeps you connected to the VPN even if the client crashes or is closed by mistake - it will only disconnect if you actually click disconnect)

- Earnest no-logging policy (though various rumours are flying around)

- Good upload speeds

- Lots of servers in lots of countries

However, download speed it not generally one of its strong points. Their DL speeds vary tremendously and are less consistent that AIr's.who also have a renowned killswitch and send out good vibes when it comes to privacy!

PS Cyberghost are very expensive unless you find a decent promo code.

PIA killswitch is also not great - it will leave you in the clear if you accidentally shut it down in the system tray (Cyberghost won't and AIr will ask first).

proxy and ibvpn I know not.

I wouldn't trust such a large company (such as Cyberghost). I'd be cautious of them logging secretly like other large providers have done (EarthVPN, Proxy.sh, HMA!).

"I don't see myself as a hero because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity." - Edward Snowden

"The Internet is by the people, for the people." - Kim Dotcom

Torguard хорош в том плане, что легко устанавливается на UBUNTU 32битную систему. Но он дороже стоит, чем Airvpn!

Torguard хорош в том плане, что легко устанавливается на UBUNTU 32битную систему. Но он дороже стоит, чем Airvpn!

А в чем разница? AirVPN также легко устанавливается. Кликнул на .deb и поехал.

And please use english in the future, these are English-speaking forums.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

you said "Torguard is good in the sense that's easy to install it on UBUNTU 32bit system. But it is more expensive than Airvpn! "

but I can see see how a vpn could be easier to install than AirVpn