Not connected, Your IP: 52.15.59.163
MrRandom

ANSWERED AirVPN has been almost unusable for the last 24 hours.

Last night I was disconnected and when I reconnected to the same server my speed was less then 10% of what it was. I tried several other Canadian servers before I was able to get about 60% percent of my usual speed. For the rest of the night I was disconnected every 30 minutes or so and Eddie would have to run latency tests before it would connect again. I thought the problem was fixed but it started again tonight. I just rebooted my computer and modem which made no difference. Nothing has changed on my end and I haven't installed any new Windows updates. I'm also suddenly having problems connecting and getting "Waiting for tap/tun" popup after I cancel to try again, usually 4 or 5 of the popups in a row.

I'm not sure what happened but it's making AirVPN almost unusable.

This in my speed though my ISP...

5572901171.png

My usual speed through AirVPN is about 60-70Mbps

This is what I've been getting through AirVPN for the last 24 hours...

5572879568.png

This is the best I've been able to get tonight.

5572896404.png

I've found servers with similar speed but it doesn't seem to last very long. Also all the Canadian servers I've tried seem to be caped at about 40Mbps.

Has anyone else been having these problems with the Canadian servers?

The problem is not the servers but your route to the servers.  All the Toronto servers are in the same datacenter so the route is basically the same except for the last couple hops.  Your route must have been having problems.  That doesn't mean your ISP is necessarily at fault.  The speed test which is hosted by your ISP is basically irrelevant because it doesn't show what conditions are like outside your ISP backbone.

What ever was wrong must be resolved because I've been on the same server for about 24 hours now with no disconnects. I haven't ran a speed test yet so I don't know if my speed is back to normal but at least it seems to be stable.