Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.98.108
dagadog

Everything is Easy and I can watch Netflix

I'm using OpenVPN, natively on an Ubuntu server with two NICs, using the automatically generated file, with the addition of very basic up and down scripts (which I got here).  My broadband is average - about 10Mbit/s, but I can torrent at up to 1.2MB (9.6Mbits/s). The server is also the router for my home network, plus DNS, mail, media server, 

My firewall blocks and logs any traffic from my server, other than outbound DNS and UDP443. The VPN has been up for three days and no attempts have been made to connect outside the tunnel (except to Absolute Radio's streaming server - configured with a static route and permitted by the firewall.  In fact even the tunnel doesn't register as I cleared the counters after I restarted the VPN tunnel and it hasn't dropped since then.

I even terminate inbound VPN from my mobile devices via port forwarding, and then route the outbound requests via the tunnel. I use ddclient to update the no-IP dynamic DNS.

Everything just works. Even Netflix lets me watch stuff (on an LG DVD player thing) and in full HD.

Thank you AirVPN.

I'm using OpenVPN, natively on an Ubuntu server with two NICs, using the automatically generated file, with the addition of very basic up and down scripts (which I got here).  My broadband is average - about 10Mbit/s, but I can torrent at up to 1.2MB (9.6Mbits/s). The server is also the router for my home network, plus DNS, mail, media server, 

My firewall blocks and logs any traffic from my server, other than outbound DNS and UDP443. The VPN has been up for three days and no attempts have been made to connect outside the tunnel (except to Absolute Radio's streaming server - configured with a static route and permitted by the firewall.  In fact even the tunnel doesn't register as I cleared the counters after I restarted the VPN tunnel and it hasn't dropped since then.

I even terminate inbound VPN from my mobile devices via port forwarding, and then route the outbound requests via the tunnel. I use ddclient to update the no-IP dynamic DNS.

Everything just works. Even Netflix lets me watch stuff (on an LG DVD player thing) and in full HD.

Thank you AirVPN.

If i understand it well,you have Netflix because you use port 443? Have the idea netflix blocked every Air ip adress.

​Gr,Casper

Thank you AirVPN.

If i understand it well,you have Netflix because you use port 443? Have the idea netflix blocked every Air ip adress.

​Gr,Casper

The VPN server port used has nothing to do with netflix functionality.  He's likely being directed to something like Netherlands Netflix which has been reported by others to still work.