Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.208.117
NoiselessOwl

Local Host and Network Lock Firewall question

I have two questions regarding my title. 

Based on my experience with few VPN, I know they block access from incoming and outcoming in local host. Which that mean If I want to printer to my networked printer and that will not happen because it locked out those access. Also I won't be able to access my torrent WebUI from my laptop or my phone. now AirVPN is capable of allowing it, so that mean I can access my WebUI without making any changes on my AirVPN client. With this knowledge, is my computer still open to the internet because it didn't lock down those local access in my home network? 

For the Network Lock, the way I see how it works that it change my window firewall to block any access and only funnel that access directly through AirVPN. Correct? If that is the case, that mean any app I use with network lock enabled is prompting Window Firewall UAC. It happen on my Tixati (torrent client) and it asking me for access. So if I click to approve the firewall to allow to have internet access, it only approve access to AirVPN's client or what? I am trying to understand how the Network Lock Firewall system work because PIA and ExpressVPN don't have that notification or prompt from Window Firewall.