Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.30.253
Sign in to follow this  
Gothmogz

This is the hardest networking problem I've faced yet.

I'm an eletronic engineer myself but I don't know what my isp is doing, no packet loss, etc but in some hours I have perfect bandwidth and latency to some sites and apps and 5 kbps and 2000 ms to others.

For example, I ping league of legends servers, 50 ms, but when I use the client and play, 2000 ms

Another one, I use tcp latency instead of ping, and get 50 ms as well.

I use the vpn, and then everything thru the vpn is 5kbps, 2000 ms or more, the vpn is ok as I use it with another ISP and works nicely. I download from Steam without vpn and get 900 kbps, with vpn, 5 kpbs.

Most sites and websurfing is cripled because of that. But I uses speedtest and it says good bandwidth and latency, and my isp is telling me that since speedtest shows correct values, they wont do nothing, maybe they whitelisted speedtest.net?, Im cluless.

I suspect of traffic shaping but an encrypted vpn should fix that, unless they also drop encripted traffic? I tried everything, ssh tunneling, ssl tunneling, ports, nothing works, as soon as I use the vpn everything is on the 1000ms range and speeds around 5kbps, when I ping the vpn it says 50 ms, what is my isp doing?

If you mind to share which ISP/Country is that, we can match it to a known database of "Bad ISPs" and suggest countermeasures.

Game servers are not something we can reliably use for measure purposes, but the internal speedtest should tell your in and out tunnel

speeds with a good overall accuracy:

https://airvpn.org/speedtest/

Also, this is highly unlikely your ISP can shape SSL tunnels, unless it will decide to cripple legitimate SSL connections to major websites

as well. If you are still sure that your SSL tunnel was set up properly, do the same above speedtest using the tunnel as well and report back.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.