Not connected, Your IP: 3.136.97.64
DougM

pfSense: Incoming bittorrent port blocks suggest real ip

Hello,

I'm a relatively new user of pfSense and have set it up to use AirVPN using this guide: https://nguvu.org/pfsense/pfsense-2.3-setup/

I have a server running an instance of transmission on the airvpn lan. Recently when I used a torrent magnet link from a popular site I noticed in my firewall logs that my WAN port was getting hammered with blocked incoming request for port 51413. What worries me here is that it lists my public ip as the destination.

Should I worry because it seems like these connections are coming in on the WAN and not on the Airvpn WAN and it shows my ip in the logs or is this just how pfSense reports these incoming requests since the vpn still has to go through the wan anyway?

I've never used port forwarding in pfsense so I can't help you with that.  But you might want to use the magnet link tool on ipleak.net to test what ip address your torrent client is advertising.

It is not a port forward but a simple incoming block all rule on the WAN with logging enabled that reports these attempts. Great tip about ipleak, it reports the airvpn ip through the tracker so that seems good. Can someone still confirm that incoming requests for your Airvpn WAN (or any openvpn client connection) in pfSense are blocked on the WAN side?