Not connected, Your IP: 18.190.207.144
Sign in to follow this  
pr1v

Website with javascript?

I would like to know why we need to allow javascript NOW when we first visit AirVPN website/forum.

I hope you can disable it if it´s not strictly necessary.

Thanks!

Part of how modern Anti-DDoS solutions work, in order to separate bots from real users, is a JS challenge.

A small function is served to the visitor, and if it is a real browser, the function will be "solved" and the user

will be redirected to the website - a task that is consuming resources from the backend.

Bots without JS will be filtered and denied access. Since using Air is totally safe even with JS enabled,

there are no 3d party tracking, external analytics and so on, this is not considered a big issue.

Most of the functions in the client area require JS anyway.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Thank you zhang888, so it´s due to the recent DDoS attack then, I understand it. The issue would be if your website is compromised, and when we use a browser with javascript totally disabled (sometimes I use it like that in my mobile phone, not with noscript addon or similar).