Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.174.248

Using AirVPN on ASUS AC87U. Every few hours/days (randomly) Internet connection goes off because of "openvpn[11287]: RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: europe.vpn.airdns.org: Name or service not known" error. The only way to fix it - disable and enable VPN client again. Once done, it starts working the same second. If I don't re-enable VPN, the error continues forever (waited 3 days once to see if it somehow starts working again).

I'm using custom DNS 10.4.0.1 and 217.12.210.54. After search on this forum, I found some type of "fix", but it's not useful anymore because AirVPN config generator doesn't include "All servers for area or region" option anymore ( https://airvpn.org/topic/9898-problem-connection-while-using-10401-and-10501-dns-entries/?do=findComment&comment=11947 ).

What are my options?

Hello!

If I may chime in, I've already had this problem and I fixed it using openvpn custum directive "persist-remote-ip".

If you can add it, it'll tell openvpn to reconnect to the same server without dns queries.

Hello!

If I may chime in, I've already had this problem and I fixed it using openvpn custum directive "persist-remote-ip".

If you can add it, it'll tell openvpn to reconnect to the same server without dns queries.

either this is the answer, or instead of putting the host "europe.vpn.airdns.org" in the server field put the resolved IP.

Hello!

Where did you add this option? In AirVPN config generator? Router itself? Thanks.

Hello!

Where did you add this option? In AirVPN config generator? Router itself? Thanks.

You can add it in the config generator or in the .ovpn file yourself.

Well, I need to connect to any VPN in Europe and have connection working all the time, without failures.

However, if you can tell me how to randomly rotate all EU servers (except one country, which I'm located in, because I don't want to have VPN in the same country), that would be fantastic.

This all depends on which you want to connect to in the first place.

There is actually a possibility to generate a config file that will rotate up to 64 EU servers randomly.

Please update about your initial goals.

Any update, please?