Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.93.209
bricksandmortar

Forced into captchas on new UK servers

Pretty much as the title...

On any of the new UK servers, if I try to do a google search, it insists on answering two captchas, then again with every subsequent click.

The older servers seem fine, any idea what causes this behaviour?

Google has become a real aggravating POS. Google needs/wants to know where you are located so Google can supplant Google ads to generate income.

I first switched to DuckDuckGo then later went to Startpage.

StartPage  uses Google but keeps you anonymous and send anonymous information to Google.

That is StartPage acknowledgement on their page.

Google has become a real aggravating POS. Google needs/wants to know where you are located so Google can supplant Google ads to generate income.

I first switched to DuckDuckGo then later went to Startpage.

StartPage  uses Google but keeps you anonymous and send anonymous information to Google.

That is StartPage acknowledgement on their page.

The solution:

Use a neutral, search friendly provider, like DuckDuckGo:

https://duckduckgo.com/

Or Startpage.com

Startpage is nice and all but when it starts wanting captchas too, that's when I say noty

I use duckduckgo most of the time, but sometimes it just doesn't give great results, image search for example. Startpage is just as bad for the captchas and, somewhat bizarrely, gives different search results than if you used Google (try it).

I used Disconnect search for a while, then that stopped working with Google as well.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not a Google lover, I hate the entire ethos of the company but their search engine works better than the others as much as I hate to admit it, and with some basic privacy control, has been usable when necessary.

It does appear to be confined to UK servers at the moment, unless I just notice that from my point of view. Is it an issue with Air servers around the world?