Not connected, Your IP: 54.87.17.177
mehāniskākaravīrs935

Nair Ukraine server blocked by Malwarebytes

Hello, for some reason Malwarebytes decided to block Nair from being accessed. I have attempted to add both entry and exit IP's to the list however it times out on the DNS check without any message from Malwarebytes. Any help is appreciated

To be honest, I think malwarebytes is blocking it because it is a Ukraine server and it probably consider them malicious I have seen other people post about the same issue and it's really the only reason I can think of why it would block it.

There is an article on setting up an exclusion of Nair on malwarebytes some where in this forum.

I also noticed said article, however even when i added the entry and exit ip exclsuions it still fails to connect and time out on the "checking DNS" stage.

Yes, I sort of understand.

For some reason, I was not allowed to copy the snippet to this forum showing connection to Nair.

I used as domain nair.airservers.org.  I believe the article mentions a different domain name.

I entered the entry and exit IPs for Nair in Malwarebytes web exclusions.

Originally, I could not use Nair so I blacklisted it.

I use Malwarebytes and it blocked me from using Nair.

I hope this works for you.

Wonder how is it to be a Malwarebytes user in Ukraine, where every public service you wish to login to is flagged as malicious.

Clearly this approach is wrong, and you can usually find much more malicious content on U.S. servers than on Ukraine ones.

When you use such software, you have to be ready to deal with lots of fasle positives and find ways around them.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Does anyone have a serious answer on how to get Malwarebytes to allow the connection without just flat out turning it off? Malwarebytes is one of my critical anti-virus tools that is a MUST for me. I have added every entry, exit and DNS related ip/domain to the exceptions list as well as adding the AirVPN folder to the website and Malware exclusion lists with absolutely to results.

Perhaps you should ask this question on their forums.

Already done, i am just concerned that even if they correct the ip issue there will still be issues with the DNS Check and i simply dont know how to point them to that.

I was wondering since that is the first number for an IP in that original forum article.

Since Nairs entry and exit IP addresses begin and end with 91.xxx.xx.54.

Does anyone have a serious answer on how to get Malwarebytes to allow the connection without just flat out turning it off? Malwarebytes is one of my critical anti-virus tools that is a MUST for me. I have added every entry, exit and DNS related ip/domain to the exceptions list as well as adding the AirVPN folder to the website and Malware exclusion lists with absolutely to results.

Yes. I have Malwarebytes too and have fixed the problem.

Open Malwarebytes, go to settings. Go to Web Exclusions.

Add the Nair exit and entry IPs

Add "nair_exit.airservers.org"

Add "*.airservers.org"

Add "*.airdns.org"

Add "*.airvpn.org"

Add the AirVPN.exe and OpenVPN.exe programs to exclusion list

Don't type the quotation marks.

I added these settings and am able to connect to Nair