Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.61.223
Sign in to follow this  
Soupcan Sam Hootkins

AT&T/McDonald's Wifi Connection Issues

Hey, all.

I've ran into an issue where I can't seem to connect to the VPN using wifi at McDonald's, which also uses AT&T wifi, but I've been able to connect to the VPN servers using  my home wifi and another coffee shops wifi. Does anyone know why this might be? I've included the log if anyone cares to take a look at it.

Thank you,

Kevin

AirVPN_20160427_080036.txt

I 2016.04.27 07:45:39 - Checking route
W 2016.04.27 07:45:49 - Checking route, 1° try failed (The operation has timed out)
W 2016.04.27 07:45:59 - Checking route, 2° try failed (The operation has timed out)
W 2016.04.27 07:46:09 - Checking route, 3° try failed (The operation has timed out)
W 2016.04.27 07:46:19 - Checking route, 4° try failed (The operation has timed out)
W 2016.04.27 07:46:29 - Checking route, 5° try failed (The operation has timed out)

This appears several times in your logs, so it seems that those places are blocking the VPN have you tried different protocols? I hear the SSH is good for these blocks.

I 2016.04.27 07:45:39 - Checking routeW 2016.04.27 07:45:49 - Checking route, 1° try failed (The operation has timed out)W 2016.04.27 07:45:59 - Checking route, 2° try failed (The operation has timed out)W 2016.04.27 07:46:09 - Checking route, 3° try failed (The operation has timed out)W 2016.04.27 07:46:19 - Checking route, 4° try failed (The operation has timed out)W 2016.04.27 07:46:29 - Checking route, 5° try failed (The operation has timed out)
 This appears several times in your logs, so it seems that those places are blocking the VPN have you tried different protocols? I hear the SSH is good for these blocks.

While I do highly reccomend using SSH or SSL whenever you can (best chance of getting through no matter where you are) I would reccomend that you go into your clients advanced setting and untick the "check if the tunnel effectively works" option. I know it sounds dangerous, but when my client went on an endless loop on public wifi this solved my problem. My machine has wireshark installed so I was able to verify that my packets were going through the tunnel correctly. My guess is that the client made the connection to the server but was unable to verify the routes for some unknown reason although I would like someone to issue a more educated response in case there are details that I am likely missing

Hey, all.

I've ran into an issue where I can't seem to connect to the VPN using wifi at McDonald's, which also uses AT&T wifi, but I've been able to connect to the VPN servers using my home wifi and another coffee shops wifi. Does anyone know why this might be? I've included the log if anyone cares to take a look at it.

Thank you,

Kevin

The same thing happens to me on Airplane Wi-Fi, just use protocol SSL443 and it should work.