Not connected, Your IP: 18.225.31.159
Sign in to follow this  
irbow

VPN and mac to PS3 connection

Hi,

I am running Mac OSX 10.11.4 on a mac desktop and have just about everything with AirVPN running smoothly.

My only problem is the connection with my PS3 from the application universal media server which is DLNA-compliant UPnP.  The mac is connected to the PS3 via ethernet cable.

If I start the media server and PS3 connection before the VPN is turned on all is fine and it continues to work with the VPN connection.  If however I start the VPN connection first the media server and PS3 will not see each other.

Is there a good solution to this problem?

Thankyou,

Iain

OK I'm not an expert but I think this is a network lock issue, because I had similar problems when trying to do VNC within my local network. I will try to help you but no guarantees 

I fixed my problem by going to the preferences in the AirVPN app, then in the "Routes" tab I specified the IP address of local computer I was trying to access to be "Outside the VPN Tunnel".

So, if your PS3 is assigned an IP address on your LAN (ie its IP address never changes), you can enter that in the "IP or Range" field. If the PS3's IP address changes, then you could do one of the following

• Give it a static address. This can be done in your PS3's network settings or, even better, in your router (if it's connected to Wi-Fi as well as being hardwired to your Mac)
  • Enter your LAN IP range in the "IP or Range". This would open up all traffic in your LAN to be outside of the network lock, but I don't understand IP ranges nearly well enough to tell you how to do it