Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.252.140
sidsec

TIP: Using vpn on UK train

This is just a tip from someone who is on a learning curve. 

I couldn't get the VPN to work on a UK train wifi. I tried all the protocol options (preferences/protocols) but none worked.

Support said try SSLTunnel / Port 443 (last option). The trick seems to be to select it , SAVE, quit airvpn then reopen. It kicked in immediately.

For the cognoscenti this may be obvious but for the rest it may assist to have it spelt out. 

Hope this helps.  

Hopefully people will not use this to "steal" wifi, but to be able to use the connection they

had already paid for but was unethically blocked to certain services.

In this instance the Train wifi is a free service so no stealing involved. The open, public nature of it is exactly the scenario a VPN is essential for. The possibility of hacking in an environment such as this is surely quite high. 

The next issue is how do you make the VPN work with iOS in this situation. SSL is not(yet) available for iOS. 

This is just a tip from someone who is on a learning curve. 

I couldn't get the VPN to work on a UK train wifi. I tried all the protocol options (preferences/protocols) but none worked.

Support said try SSLTunnel / Port 443 (last option). The trick seems to be to select it , SAVE, quit airvpn then reopen. It kicked in immediately.

For the cognoscenti this may be obvious but for the rest it may assist to have it spelt out. 

Hope this helps.  

I was on a plane last week and had the same problem. With the in flight Wi-Fi (that was free), I couldn't connect to AirVPN at all until I tried SSL443