Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.44.23
Sign in to follow this  
ceilingcat95

ANSWERED Problems with Vuze and AirVpn. Repeated connection drops.

Hello. I'm a customer on trial and this is my first time venturing into the world of VPNs. I mean it when I say I'm very new to all of this. The first few day using this VPN I was pleased by how my IP was blocked (wee magic), but the DNS leak was pretty disappointing. So after a few minutes of google I came across this http://www.techfleece.com/2012/12/30/how-to-fix-a-dns-leak-when-connected-to-your-vpn/ and it solved the problem completely.

So afterward I tried to use Vuze to download 2 YIFY movie torrents. Everything was great, the speed loss was negligible, except that the connection drops gradually back to zero after 30 seconds or so. AND AirVPN also fails to connect to the server after the connection drops occurred. Sometimes AirVPN fails to reconnect after 4 queues and needs to be reset, but I just need to change the server.

I have been looking everywhere for this entire afternoon for an answer and I still couldn't find one. But this happens every time I turn Vuze on and the connection drops, and the peers and seeds drop one by one.

Right now, the problem is still the same. So far, I have:

-Turned off Windows Firewall

-Turned off the real time protection from Windows Defender

-Turned IPv6 back on for my WiFi connection.

-Reset Vuze back to default.

-Done the following in AirVPN:

+Activated Network Lock

+Force reconnection for last server

+Switch DCHP to static

+Turned IPv6 setting to none

Information that might help:

-I'm using shared wifi. I don't own the router nor the connection.

-The owner said that his package has limited bandwidth but I doubt that is the problem, consider that I have tried download other torrents before, and I used more bandwidth last month.

Please answer as soon as possible. I'm looking forward to have my VPN, and aside from torrenting I'm currently very pleased with AirVPN. It performs smoothly, the speed can't be complained about and the package is quite neat and simple to use.

Thank you.

Well, it works now, but is this SSL port 43 solution pernament? And with all the change from I made according to the article in the OP, will the DNS leak happen again? It doesnt now, but we will never know. It is fortunate that Vuze now has built in kill switch though.

It works fine now. A little slower but fine. But I hope that with all the setting except SSL back to default, there wont be a leak in the future.

NO, the port does not have to be a permanent solution (SSH using port 53 or Port 80 might be better all you can do is experiment to find best connection); BUT;

1) How is your friend's router set up?

2) Is router 802:11 AC?  or 802.11 a/b/g/n?

3) What is the speed of the router?  Mine is up tp 450 mgbs for 2.4 ghz and  up to 1350 mgbs for 5 ghz.

3a) my computer is old and I have to use a wi fi adapter to use the 802.11 AC 5 ghz band and even an adapter to use the 802.11 N 5 ghz band.

4) Would a wi fi adapter help you (questionable)???

Shared wi fi; I understand going to cafes and sharing their wi fi. Speeds fluctuate depending on how many customers are there.

Your situation sounds different than using McDs or a coffee house wi fi set up.