Not connected, Your IP: 13.58.150.59
jpkatz

Eddie vs. Web Page: connected or not connected?

Hello.

As the attached screenshot show, I've connected to a server in Canada with Eddie; however, the tooltip for "Your IP adress" in the AirVPN website shows I'm not connected.

In a possibly related issue, launching IE after Eddie shows my real IP address (whatismyip gives my true geolocation), not Canada.

I'm using a soon-to-expire free trial, and would like to purchase an account, but I'd like to be sure the VPN is really working properly before I do.

Thanks.

Hello again.

I think I've found the solution. The "Not connected" message on the website refers to my IPv6 address. I am connected to an AirVPN server via IPv4. I take this as not being a security problem, since no data is using IPv6, as eddie blocks its use.

If this not so, please let me know.

Hello again.

I think I've found the solution. The "Not connected" message on the website refers to my IPv6 address. I am connected to an AirVPN server via IPv4. I take this as not being a security problem, since no data is using IPv6, as eddie blocks its use.

If this not so, please let me know.

in the eddie client preferences -> advanced, disable ipv6.  if ipv6 is the culprit that should fix the problem.  also, using the network lock, if you can, will solve a lot of problems.

Thanks.

The eddie log has the entry "IPv6 disabled," so eddie is apparently already doing this.  Am I right that, even though the IPv6 (i.e., my ISP) is exposed to the world, eddie is still blocking any data going to it?

BTW, network lock is unavailable to me as yet. Still working on that...

Thanks.

The eddie log has the entry "IPv6 disabled," so eddie is apparently already doing this.  Am I right that, even though the IPv6 (i.e., my ISP) is exposed to the world, eddie is still blocking any data going to it?

BTW, network lock is unavailable to me as yet. Still working on that...

Well that is a complicated answer to give because to get your IPv6 you get queried for it so if it finds it that means the data is going through. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929852 Try to disable IPv6 in the registry and see how it goes.