Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.1.136
quisp65

ANSWERED Merope server blocking torrent initiation?

I always log into Merope in LA USA and it's not initiating Torrents and allowing them to start.  Both DHT and trackers are unable to connect.   When I start the same torrent on an another machine it eventually gives peers & seeds to my client on Merope through "local peer discovery" and then starts downloading.  

Anyone else have this problem?   I've had this problem before and I came to the conclusion the server owners were doing some temporary blocking.    

Many trackers block VPNs as well, especially US based.

This is the way for them to keep DMCAs to a minimum, which I actually see as a good idea.

Note that if you download copyrighted materials you are acutally breaking the law in that

jurisdiction (US) and this is not something that tracker owners, or Air potentially wants.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Just an FYI.... I changed my port I was using and this fixed the problem.   Somewhere the port was blocked, corrupted, ghosted out... or something....