Not connected, Your IP: 34.200.248.66
themangoman

ANSWERED Unable to view abc.net.au live streaming content when using the VPN

Hi I am Unable to view abc.net.au live streaming content when using the VPN For example this ur lhttp://iview.abc.net.au/programs/abc-news-24/NS1413V001S00
Please note I've only had time to test one server location Canada I don't know if this applies to the whole network or simply the particular location that I was on at the time latest version of Eddie no changes Default factory Settings 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Kind regards Paul1

Hi Paul, yes i am too. I have already emailed them privately, but have not yet received a reply. Oddly, i have no problem live-streaming ABC News24 thru' Eddie, only ABC1 fails. 

Guys, I just followed that link using a Canadian server (Enif), and it worked. However, I had to enable permission for the flash extension to work on my browser (Safari, in this case). Otherwise, it won't work, which is a pisser, because I hate using Flash.

The other thing to note is that ABC iView (and SBS) won't work on the iPad if you're behind the VPN. At least, they won't run from the ABC and SBS apps. I stand to be corrected.

Ta ocelot. Can i just clarify your info? Are you saying that via Enif you were able to stream ABC1 Live --explicitly that one-- ? Via ANY AirVPN server i have no hassles streaming ABC24 Live, nor any other iView content... EXCEPT specifically ABC1 Live Stream. It is always blocked for me if i'm coming thru the VPN, with the error msg; 

"Ooops... iview is currently unable to play back the ABC Live Stream stream. Please check your internet connection or try again later".

If i disconnect Eddie, & reload the page, i can immediately commence & maintain that stream... but natch i prefer to stay in the VPN due to the bastard Brandis et al. So, just to repeat myself, my enquiry is specifically wrt ABC1 Live Stream.

PS -- I was being lazy before & didn't disconnect from Antares [singapore] when i wrote my previous post. Since i posted, i changed to Enif & retested ABC1 Live Stream. As i'd expected, it was blocked with the same error msg. I don't yet understand if this is ABC iView's or AirVPN's problem, but it's a bit of a pain. I really dislike ever having to leave the VPN.

Update:   I've received the initial response from AirVPN to my email:

"We will investigate the problem, thanks for the head up.".

Fingers crossed!

Now it works very well; they updated the micro-routing rules for ABC iview. ABC1 Live Stream now is good. Yay! 

Steffie, I didn't have time to do any testing yesterday and was about to do a bit now, but I see you've sorted the problem. Nice going! I too hate leaving the AirVPN environment.

Thanks, staff.

Hi there. 

I watch iview as well. Did you know there is a iview downloader? I got it from the google store (it works on Chrome only) - but I think it has been kicked off it. I have it some where on one of my machines....