Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.233.43
Sign in to follow this  
SumRndmDude

Port Forwards

Just curious if anyone else has had issues with forwarded ports not working at the moment. My setup has not changed in over a week, but the last 2 days I've noticed none of my forwarded ports on Air are functioning. I setup a new pfSense box about a week ago and put all my settings in. It was working great and all ports were functioning properly, until the last 2-3 days.

Posted ... (edited)

What are the results of the port forwarding checker in the client area, and did you make sure

you have an application listening on this port at your end?

I have two different servers with various services running and listening on various ports. I've tried scanning each one of them on the port checker in the client area and ended up with nice dark black circles. Tried other online scan tools and nothing. Again, the odd thing is, I haven't changed anything on my end.

** Update: I went back through all of my pfSense settings to ensure I had changed nothing inadvertantly. Followed the guide here again to make sure it was all setup properly. Still no working forwards. I even enabled uPNP to allow pfSense to make it's own rules. Nothing. At a loss here really.

Edited ... by SumRndmDude

What application are you listening with at your end?

P2P software are not reliable if this is what you had in mind.

You have to check with raw TCP/IP networking diagnostics tool such as netcat/hping

in listening mode. Only then you have to make the test again and check every system

you own, where did this packet drop.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

What application are you listening with at your end?

P2P software are not reliable if this is what you had in mind.

You have to check with raw TCP/IP networking diagnostics tool such as netcat/hping

in listening mode. Only then you have to make the test again and check every system

you own, where did this packet drop.

Plex, qBittorrent, Subsonic, Teamspeak and a few others are all running. I tried opening a port on this PC and then forwarding it in pfSense, but still shows as closed.

Hello, in this case, the logs from your pfsense tcpdump interface would be helpful, as well as Wireshark logs

from the end system that you are forwarding the port to.

There is some issue with either your NAT settings on pfSense of your firewall on the target device.

Note that some applications require the same listening port as the global forwarded one.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.