Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.192.3

You can create your own VPN server in the USA, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Germany, or Singapore via DigitalOcean's cloud server hosting. Tinfoil Security has a service that will generate the server for you and generate an OVPN file for you to download:

https://www.tinfoilsecurity.com/vpn/new

I tried this, and it works fine with TunnelBlick. However, my brand new personal VPN (in San Francisco, USA) is also blocked by Netflix. :-(

Netflix blocks most, if not all known VPS and Dedicated Server hosts.

Your VPN simply being from Digital Ocean might have caused the detection from Netflix.

If you made your own DigitalOcean droplet just to bypass some well known services you will probably

be out of luck, and this is not surprising that Netflix lists one of the top 10 world's VPS providers as a

potential proxy.

For privacy reasons, it is also not recommended to run your own node, unless you know what you are

doing and what is the exact goal you are trying to accomplish.

First of all, you lose the anonymity layer since you are pretty much the only single user on this droplet

and anything from there can be logged to your DO account, no matter what you used for the payment

option since this is another question by itself, but the concept is similar.

Second, if you are after speed, you will never get guaranteed resources with such providers, meaning

it will be a potentially better investment to spend these $7 on a VPN account with a good provider, where

you get both anonymity, or at least pseudonymity, and a selection of 100+ servers with guaranteed b/w.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.