Not connected, Your IP: 54.144.81.21

I will try that. One thing I noted is that it takes a long time resolving the host. Once the host is resolved and the website is loaded it is as fast as without a VPN on that website. Do you have any clue on what the problem here could be? Seems like it's something with DNS.

E: Also it works perfectly fine on my android phone, where I use the same ovpn config as with the windows client. 

There certainly were some DNS problems people had after the windows 10 creators update.  This forum had a few threads on fixes and workarounds. 

Posted ... (edited)

I will check those out, thank you!

E: As @go558a83nk said, there was a thread on this topic with the solution to download the beta client. I did that and now it works like a charm. I can now safely say that AirVPN is pretty much better in every regard.

Edited ... by dakkon

Posted ... (edited)

I want to discuss morality of Douglas Spink, but I won't because teaching morality on this forum is a terrible way to do moral education. There are better ways to do moral education.

Let's just assume for now that CryptoStorm has had no association with Douglas Spink for years.

it's impossible for me to know whether AirVPN, CryptoStorm, mullvad, and other VPN companies are honest about no-logging policy.
External audit doesn't prove no-logging policy because a VPN company can just enable logging after external audit is finished.

At least, mullvad makes blog posts about how it resisted law enforcement.

How do I actually know that CryptoStorm or any other VPN is honest about no-logging policy? Would any VPN company tell customers that it gave logs to law enforcement under duress? If a VPN is not honest, then we can't trust it. I don't expect VPNs to resist law enforcement to death and bloodshed, but we can at least demand honesty about when they give logs to law enforcement.

Unfortunately, beyond checking that a VPN provider is not owned by another company, I don't have a way to verify that any VPN provider is honest.

I certainly know that we are all fucked if people support tyranny as they did nazi germany or other draconian hierarchies of the past. I resent people of the earth for supporting evil and giving more power to governments. I don't expect VPNs to resist imprisonment, fines, physical tortures, or gestapo. If things get to that level, then VPNs won't help.

Edited ... by GaryUnwin