Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.48.62
bobbyd3

Download speed is 2mbs max on airvpn

So for whatever reason I have noticed that my download speed never exceeds 2mbs.  No matter if im downloading torrent or watching video,  never gets past 2mbs.

I have windows 8 and am on time warner broadband with a wired connection.

Not sure how to get better speeds.   Ive tried several servers and all give same 2mbs speed.

Any ideas on what to try?

what hardware are you using, if its not powerful enough it will cap your perf.

It may just be a config issue - without more info its hard to say.  

I have a 150/150mbps subscriber line here and see 135/130ish through AirVPN on a C2758 based system @ 35% utilisation. 

Hello, Mr. bobbyd3. My name is giganerd, Certified TAP Downgrading Expert of the AirVPN communityTM. I am in charge of suggesting all Windows users to downgrade their TAP driver version if they encounter one or a combination of the following symptoms: Speed problems, torrent client and/or web browser issues, DNS problems, network connectivity issues, network crashes, Windows freezes or crashes, evil laughter from your computer's mainboard speaker and many more. I'm also in charge of being silly most of the time, as you may have noticed.

If you are using Eddie, it may have upgraded your TAP driver to 9.21 which shares more characteristics with Satan than you prefer. See my How-To for an signature. Or my signature for a How-To.

Giganerd? Another one.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello Mr. CTAP

I run air VPN on my pfSense installation my isp provides about 50mbit down but when I connect my firewall i get about 20mbit down and 18 up even though I'm only supposed to get 5 mbit up do you think I need to feed the hamsters a little more to get a faster download?

Ps. Currently only I have unionized squirrels working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

@flat4 On the internet, it is considered somewhat rude and disrepectful to hijack someone's topic with your questions.

If you have an issue, you should open your own topic. Just like you don't burst into a conversation between a person

asking for help, and another person trying his best to help him -  in real life, like in a middle of a street.

The fact that we are all using pseudonemous nicknames here should not affect the way we communicate and respect

each other. You can troll in 50% of the topics around here if you wished to, but looks like OP asked for some real help.

@bobbyd3, it looks like you have your account since at least 3 years on this board. Older than most members here.

Can you provide more details about this issue? Downloading a random torrent isn't exactly the best way to measure

your connection speed, and hell not a best way to determine your VPN provider's speed and performance.

Can you provide logs, or make speedtests where there are no P2P protocols involved?

In most cases, since Air is neutral provider, you should get the same speeds with any protocol you use, considering

that the bottleneck is your ISP and the equipment you use. The power users around here have absolutely no issue

with maximizing their ISP line speeds with Air, giving the fact that we use PRO hardware and software to actually

benefit from these unique advangates that a provider like AirVPN can assure you. I can recommend pfSense box.

TL;DR

You will not find many professional users complaining around here. AirVPN is one of the handfull of providers that

can really promise that minimum speed per user, and which will never compromise for a bad ISP just to have another

location. As an old user of this service I can guarantee that any issue you have is solvable and 99% not due to Air

throttling your connection. You are welcome to try more servers, and post your logs in order to help us help you more.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.