Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.221.121

The only good thing I can see in this review is the list of providers.

Since when accepting Bitcoin is "Activism"?

Donations - why only EFF? Other open source project do not count?

Technical - what about dedicated vs. virtual servers (Which 90% of providers in that list use).

Those are the main things such list should consist of.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

How can you know if virtual or dedicated servers are used ? As long as the company doesn't specify on this, how can you as a user find out ?

You need to be familiar with the hosting community, but generally if a provider has 100 countries its a dead giveaway.

Zhang, I'd be interested to know what 100+ countries is a dead giveaway to? Tkx.

You need to be familiar with the hosting community, but generally if a provider has 100 countries its a dead giveaway.

Zhang, I'd be interested to know what 100+ countries is a dead giveaway to? Tkx.

Because the cost of having dedicated servers in 100+ countries would be absurd.

The post before zhang's is the one he's responding to. Having servers in 100+ countries is a dead giveaway to a VPN company using virtual servers rather than dedicated servers.

Maybe i have completely misinterpreted but it seems like some of AirVPN nodes go through known VPS hosts. Linode for example.

Maybe i have completely misinterpreted but it seems like some of AirVPN nodes go through known VPS hosts. Linode for example.

Air never used Linode as long as I am a member, which is more than 3 years+.

They do use Amazon for light services like DNS resolvers, but that's about it. You will never find

a cheap oversold node advertized as a real server here. This is why they are not afraid to show the

realtime graphs with RRDtool, something you will unlikely find with others.

Please move your discussion to:

https://airvpn.org/topic/16978-vpn-comparison-chart-real-competitive-analysis-effort/

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Air never used Linode as long as I am a member, which is more than 3 years+.

They do use Amazon for light services like DNS resolvers, but that's about it. You will never find

a cheap oversold node advertized as a real server here. This is why they are not afraid to show the

realtime graphs with RRDtool, something you will unlikely find with others.

Please move your discussion to:

https://airvpn.org/topic/16978-vpn-comparison-chart-real-competitive-analysis-effort/

Maybe it's only the routing servers - because a traceroute to let's say bbc.co.uk does reveal that the traffic goes through linode.