Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.196.217
Sign in to follow this  
Hans65

Slow speeds?

Hello.

I have just purchased AirVPN for a month to check it out. I came from another VPN which have been fine for about a year, but then suddently are starting to run slow.

Now, after trying AirVPN im seeing similar results. When doing a speedtest either on this site or speedtest.net , the speeds starts out fine, but after a few sec it slows down a lot. Like from 55mb to 10mb. I have a 60mb connection.

Also when downloading test files from www.download.com it starts out fast and then slows to a crawl after a few secs. Exactly like my other VPN did.

Im on Win7 64bit.

Thanks.

Try resetting the buffers in the AirVPN client from 128kb to 256kb.

(in "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" -> "General"). Click "Save" and start a new VPN connection.

This solution was given to me by the staff and really helped increase my speeds. Give it a try!

Is this a general recommendation, or just for fast connections (like 50mbit/s or more)?

Is this a general recommendation, or just for fast connections (like 50mbit/s or more)?

This is more for fast connections. However, you can try it on connections slower than 50mbit/s and see if it helps.

thanks for reply.

I tried this and it didn't do anything. I tried different protocols , TCP , udp and different ports. Some are better than other but best case I can start a download or spedtest and it starts out full speed for a few seconds then timeouts for a few seconds then good speed again. Seems like it times out when I use a lot data fast. Same when browsing the web if I change pages fast it hangs for 10sec before it can load again. I've tried disabling my av and firewall (Bullguard)

sorry for spelling im on the phone.

Ok, i feel a little dumb, but i have now confirmed that its my firewall / AV who's to blame. (Bullguard)

I had only tried shutting it down, so i just tried uninstalling it, and then everything works fine. When i install it again, the problems are back. I tried install/uninstall 2 times, and it happends when the program is installed only.

Now i just need to find out how to configure it so it works with Bullguard.