Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.60.63
Kepler_438b2

Servers in countries not connected to 5 Eyes

It seems like most of Airvpn's servers are in 5 Eyes countries or in countries which closely cooperate with 5 Eyes. Why doesn't Airvpn locate some servers in non-politically aligned states? Maybe Russia. Other locations? 

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I counted 73 servers outside the FVEY, and 20 servers outside the 9 eyes.

This is still a good number and availability, considering that most users use VPNs for online

activity that does not involve the government as a threat, for ex. file sharing/streaming.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I don't understand this i must confess. Many privacy-minded VPN companies out there maintain servers in so-called problematic areas of the world. How do they manage to keep up their promise of privacy by offering servers in Russia, Japan and other countries ?

It's not that I would need a server in such a country, and i understand that AIRs standards for privacy are very high. (Luckily so!). It's just for the sake of understanding this rather complex issue. Does is mean that servers in those mentioned countries are generally unsafe ? Or are AIRs demands for privacy just a bit higher than normally ?

Regards

Fox

Or are AIRs demands for privacy just a bit higher than normally ?

This, generally, and Air proved it over and over again in the past. But, you can of course wait for a more thorough answer, maybe from Staff themselves.

A more thorough reply from staff would be very welcome.   However, I sent a reply which was never posted. When I asked Support why it was not posted, a ticket was opened. I never received a reply to that support request and the ticket was removed from from the Open Requests list. Staff, please let me know what is going on.

However, I sent a reply which was never posted.

You've got more than 5 posts now and are not subject to post "activation" by a staff member. If you feel your post has not been transmitted properly, just repost it.

When I asked Support why it was not posted, a ticket was opened. I never received a reply to that support request and the ticket was removed from from the Open Requests list.

I guess it's not really a support question.