Not connected, Your IP: 18.119.172.146
Judas4all

ANSWERED How is the performance ? (DE User input required)

Hi,

I'm currently with a different VPN Provider and generally I'm happy with them.

I'm using my firewall to tunnel all my Traffic to 3 different Servers (2 Failover one for p2p)

Generally I got no issue, I can maximize the speed most of the time, but I struggle with Legit Service like Amazon Prime Video and YouTube.

If I don't use their VPN, the Amazon FireTV Box streams stuff most of the time in 1080p.

If I use the VPN, I often get 1080p too but also sometimes SD contend only (Annoying!!!). Switching Servers did not help, however I did try and was able to download something with 50Mbit at the same time, so it's not that the server was overloaded.

Long story Short:

How is the Performance using AirVPN and watching Amazon Prime Video and YouTube ?

In my experience it works very well for such. I can maintain my constant 50/50 connection almost all day every day. It never falls below like 30/20.

I recommend trying it yourself asking for a free three day trial.

Asking users who most probably have got a different setup with different ISPs and speeds might cause the wrong conclusion - "it's working for everybody so it will work for me, too". It's not guaranteed.

But, here you are: I'm with Telekom and I'm able to use my full bandwidth when connected to AirVPN which is 50/10 MBit/s.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks to both of you, but (no offend) this wasn't my question. My Question was more around Latency/RTT, as streaming is not limited to full Download speeds.

But to be fair, you made 2 valid points here: a) I got a rather strange setup and I could easily test it (even for free)

Thanks this helped !

Actual packet latency depends on the chosen server. I see almost no difference in latency between with and without VPN when I choose servers with a direct BGP route to Telekom which is valid for all german servers but Mesarthim and Kitalpha (CH). Connecting to Virginis or Mesarthim for example increased my packet latency to 30 ms (20 with the servers mentioned above).

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I have to try really hard to introduce latency on airvpn network. Like connecting to somewhere 2000miles away or more. I live in SE USA, and usually connect to Canada with less than 50ms ping.

I am a user of German servers with a German ISP so far I have had no latency issues what so ever. :-)

To be more spot on your question using Amazon Prime I have had no problem reaching the 1080p as well as watching youtube.