Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.229.253
alancheng814

Very Slow connection when connected to vpn

I am currently in a boarding school and the vast majority of people use vpn to bypass all the blocked websites and play online games. For some reason, my mates can play online games with a low ping but my ping is always very high. I have been looking this up and almost all websites suggested that to disable the Use Default Gateway on Remote Network.  However, there is not an option as I am currently using windows 8.

Is there any ways that I can fix this problem?

Thx a lot

If you have reasonably fast connection speed than try resetting the buffers in the AirVPN client from 128KB to 256KB.

(in "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" -> "General"). Click "Save" and start a new VPN connection.

If that method doesn't work try doing a connection through SSL.

Hi !

look at this poor connection...Down: 0.650 Mbit/s Out, 1.145 Mbit/s In (176%), 1MB - Up: 5.352 Mbit/s Out, 5.274 Mbit/s In (98%), 10MB - Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 09:51:58 GMT - Buffers: 1MB/10MB - Laps: 3, Time: 202.61 secs

Up 5 times speed than DL ! ???

and 176% out/in tube.. strange ?

Hi !

look at this poor connection...Down: 0.650 Mbit/s Out, 1.145 Mbit/s In (176%), 1MB - Up: 5.352 Mbit/s Out, 5.274 Mbit/s In (98%), 10MB - Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 09:51:58 GMT - Buffers: 1MB/10MB - Laps: 3, Time: 202.61 secs

Up 5 times speed than DL ! ???

and 176% out/in tube.. strange ?

The speedtest here is not reliable. You probably want to use Ookla's test or, even better, download something and see what speeds you get.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.