Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.44.39
Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous_13

Website routing

Am I correct that the website support routing means on whatever country/server we are, if we visit a supported website it will automatically route the traffic over another country so we get access to it?

If thats correct then I would like to request the following website support:

- Zattoo.com (From any to Switzerland)

- Youtube.com (From Germany to any, due to GEMA restriction)

Wouldn't both of your issues be solved if you connect to the Switzerland server?

I don't think Air fulfills individual requests such as this. Besides, Redirecting all Youtube's

services to another country will lead to many unexpected issues with other Google's services.

They also have thousands of different IPs and CDNs so it's technically very hard to do.

I would definitely recommend avoiding that.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

In Linux it is easy to route different sites through different tunnels (tun0,1,2...etc)  or exclude ports/interfaces from tunneling. The rest of connections could go through default/1 route of openvpn for example.

and so on...

Wouldn't both of your issues be solved if you connect to the Switzerland server?

I don't think Air fulfills individual requests such as this. Besides, Redirecting all Youtube's

services to another country will lead to many unexpected issues with other Google's services.

They also have thousands of different IPs and CDNs so it's technically very hard to do.

I would definitely recommend avoiding that.

Wouldn't every issue be solved if we connect to the required server? This is a jerk answer, I'm sorry to say.

I'm not a technican. I don't know how routing works in detailed. But I know that AirVPN is against regional restrictions and fight against with routing. Therefore, Germans have to deal with regional restrictions because many youtube videos are blocked for us due to GEMA copy right restriction. So I see the request as legal, whether it will be fulfilled I don't know. This is a suggestion area and I suggested it.

//edit: And btw, if it affects not a single person but a whole country, then its everything except an individual request. Unless you say its made by a single person = individual request. Then you would call every petition a single request too because its made by a single person, however...