Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.242.165
Sign in to follow this  
Casper31

Impact of the new Swiss surveillance laws on secure email

Protonmail has written an article about the impact of the new rules.

Read more on:

https://protonmail.com/blog/swiss-surveillance-law/

That was an informative read.  The email "thing" has and always will be a battle for lots of us because we have real name friends that just don't get it.  On the other hand we have "internet friends" that do get it and will join secure sites to communicate among ourselves; properly.  I am going to toss up a link below to such a site.  I am NOT ascribing to their anything, just showing you what a secure protocol looks like.  The communication doesn't happen anywhere on clearnet and so metadata is missing from public intercept.  In fact the authorities have no idea where such a site is even physically located.  Therefore they cannot serve a paper of any kind demanding anything at all.  Now we go one step (remember my preaching about a partition of trust) further and all participants of our group use PGP/GPG in all email content.  There is no plain text subject allowed on any of our emails.  This establishes a partition of trust in that IF the site was bad or became compromised all email content is still encrypted beyond their scope to retrieve it.  Its free, simple, and amazingly secure.

http://sigaintevyh2rzvw.onion/

I am thinking the chances of you needing a secure email protocol for real name friends is usually not that high if you are like me.