Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.196.217
Sign in to follow this  
Grand Kai

Slow speeds using Airvpn on dd-wrt router

Hi,
I just followed some instructions and managed to get my netgear wndr4500 upgraded to have dd-wrt on it. it's the latest kong version of the firmware.
i did this so that i could get my airvpn to come through my router. which i then set up following your guide.

it was fully functioning, my only problem was that the speed had dropped to less than a 20th of the download and slightly slower upload (pictures linked).
the speed with my isp's router is 100mb, so it's already slightly slower with dd-wrt but not a big deal. but the speed with the vpn activated is just too slow for what i need.

I could use some help in resolving this.

Thanks,

Grand Kai.

Its going to come down to the router hardware. I was previously using a 4300 and saw my speeds at half what they should have been using DD-WRT and connecting to Air. Upgraded to a RT-AC87 and my speeds shot up. Previously I could only get 12-13 Mbps downstream, but now I'm right where I should be. I only lose 2-3 Mbps. There are no magic settings to change. It is all about the routers processing power when it is encrypting all your traffic.