Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.141.6
ultrahumanite

New User - Help with speed? Adjusting expectations?

Hi. I'm a new user here. I'm having some speed/server issues or maybe my expectations are wrong/too high?

Currently using OS X, AirVPN client 2.10.3. On a 200/20 Mbps plan with my ISP, using speedtest.net or my ISPs speed test I regurally get 150-175 Mbps/21-23 Mbps results over WiFi, over ethernet or if I move closer to the router I regularly get 232-235/22-23 Mbps.

I just signed up with AirVpn today and so far the speed results I'm seeing are not very good/confusing the servers that are geographically close to me and have the lowest latency/load give me speeds around 11-26/18-20 Mbps these are the PA and FL servers. The only US server that gives me decent speeds is the IL one which is geographically farther away and according to the server list has higher load/latency, the results I get are 50-60/20-21 Mbps, not great but much better.

At the moment the highest rated server(Canadian) on the server list gives me speed around 30-40/20-21 Mbps. The only servers that give me good speed 100-140/21-22 Mbps are some of the other Canadian servers. Which are neither geographically close nor have better latency or lower load.

My understanding was that the servers closest to me with the lowest latency and load should be fastest. In reality I get this.

PA server Latency 21 ms Load 25% user 116 - 8/21 Mbps

Canadian Server Latency 35 ms Load 29% users 124 - 67/19 Mbps

Canadian Server #2 Latency 34 ms Load 32% users 115 - 134/22 Mbps

I'm confused.