Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.85.76

Really love this service. It's probably the single best purchase I think I have ever made.

Will definitely extend my subscription in the next couple of days (thanks again for a great discount offering).

Is paying with paypal still relatively safe/anonymous for the regular vpn user? I only ask a UK user looking ahead for the next 12-18 months.

Thanks Airvpn and keep up the good work.

Really love this service. It's probably the single best purchase I think I have ever made.

Will definitely extend my subscription in the next couple of days (thanks again for a great discount offering).

Is paying with paypal still relatively safe/anonymous for the regular vpn user? I only ask a UK user looking ahead for the next 12-18 months.

Thanks Airvpn and keep up the good work.

It is as safe as it can be ... obviously they know who you are, but not necessarily that is was you who uses this service. AirVPN knows the IP you connect from, so... there s not much anonymity there, isn't it? If you have to be "REAL" anonymous, then there s much more to it

It makes no sense to pay anonymously for a VPN to which you connect directly to, as it always has your real IP  (As "win8" already has pointed out).

If you use two VPN services and the second one is set up in a virtual machine and purchased while the first one ist connected, the second VPN does not know your real IP. Then paying anonymously is a MUST.

Regards,

Fox

It makes no sense to pay anonymously for a VPN to which you connect directly to, as it always has your real IP  (As "win8" already has pointed out).

If you use two VPN services and the second one is set up in a virtual machine and purchased while the first one ist connected, the second VPN does not know your real IP. Then paying anonymously is a MUST.

Regards,

Fox

I see what you mean. It does not hurt to be extra cautious though even if it is not illegal to have a VPN account - as long as they can not see what you are doing with that account in it self.

It depends on your threat model, but to keep it short:

if you are connecting with your real IP (like most people) then there's minimal reason to pay anonymously.

if you are connecting with your real IP (like most people) then there's minimal reason to pay anonymously.

Yes, exactly.

According to torrentfreak payment should be made with bitcoin and coin mixer but I doubt it.

Would you write  tutorial/ howto on this topic ?

We really appreciate your help!

According to torrentfreak payment should be made with bitcoin and coin mixer but I doubt it.

Ask your self - why do you want to pay for the you VPN solution anonymously?

Are you worried that you will be tied to what ever activity your hiding with the VPN? ( subversive blogging, etc ) 

Dont worry AirVPN does not log anything.. ( It's even on the front page; "No monitoring nor logging of your online activities" )

Are you worried that somebody will find out your using a VPN? ( maybe it's illegal to use on in your country )

​There are far, far easier ways to figure this out than rummaging though your bank account; all traffic is first handled by your Internet provider - and they can quite easily ( and most likely will if it's illegal to use a VPN ) scan / block / report VPN activity.

AirVPN provides a few ways to disguise the traffic, but none of them are truely watertight. 

So basically there isn't ( or I can't see it ) a use case where paying anonymously makes any difference. 

Ask your self - why do you want to pay for the you VPN solution anonymously?

Are you worried that you will be tied to what ever activity your hiding with the VPN? ( subversive blogging, etc ) 

Dont worry AirVPN does not log anything.. ( It's even on the front page; "No monitoring nor logging of your online activities" )

Are you worried that somebody will find out your using a VPN? ( maybe it's illegal to use on in your country )

​There are far, far easier ways to figure this out than rummaging though your bank account; all traffic is first handled by your Internet provider - and they can quite easily ( and most likely will if it's illegal to use a VPN ) scan / block / report VPN activity.

AirVPN provides a few ways to disguise the traffic, but none of them are truely watertight. 

So basically there isn't ( or I can't see it ) a use case where paying anonymously makes any difference. 

Thanks for the info , VPN is legal in a place where I stay and many people using it.  I just wanted to clarify on the bitcoin and anomity  because it's  new for us and not very popular here , no issue using Cc or paypal.

Spec ( 4096 bit RSA keys size )  is one of the main reason I subscribed AirVPN and I'm very happy with the service.

You guys must not use BTC very much.  For users with BTC stored appropriately, it only takes a few seconds to pay Air using coins.  Part of your configuration should mean having "pre-tumbled" coins available at all times.  I am talking about your small spending wallet (tumbled fresh coins) and not your larger cold wallet with significant assets.  Around 2.5% to tumble.  Assuming a wallet ready as described, its actually faster that PP by a mile.  Safe, clean, simple, fast, etc....

Not everyone is invested enough in bitcoin to maintain that type of setup. I only use bitcoin to pay for AirVPN so I don't have a stock of BTC lying around and it's not worth the investment in time and money to do it.

Most people don't use BTC in most of their purchases so they need to go buy some whenever they need it which is definitely an extra hassle compared to clicking some buttons in PayPal especially if you're intending to tumble the coins after. It's easy if you're already invested in the BTC ecosystem and understand cryptocurrency but most people even here simply do not fit that description.

That said, if you don't want AirVPN to know who you are, it seems BTC is your best bet and tumbling will give you extra privacy if you're concerned about the blockchain.

But honestly the fact Air's customer service didn't respond to me at all when I asked exactly how much info they see with other payment methods, both in the forum and via a support ticket, has made me disappointed in their customer service. Not even a "we'll look into it" or "we can't tell you that" just completely ignored, my support ticket was closed without response. That bothers me more than anything else. I expect to at least not be ignored when I am paying for your product.