Not connected, Your IP: 3.134.90.44

Hello friends!

When I connect to AirVPN servers via SSL, I am usually able to stay connected for a minimum of about an hour. Usually, after an hour or two of being connected via SSL it appears to "crash", as in the internet goes down, sort of like the VPN is crashing. It's hard to describe, but I can only explain it as an internet crash. While I do my normal activities, randomly, the internet just stops, almost as if your internet was down. Upon disconnection, and reconnection, all is fine until an hour or two (sometimes more). My operating system is Windows 8.1 64bit. I have excluded the AirVPN folder in Program Files in both of my Anti-Virus programs so I am sure that is not effecting it. I did a factory reset on my laptop in hopes of fixing this witout luck... Anyone else have the same issue or any fix?

It's hard to describe, but I can only explain it as an internet crash.

This is why it is very recommended to attach OpenVPN logs in such cases

I've already checked the logs, being that I am experienced in OpenVPN. I found nothing odd.

Without something to look at you are asking us to GUESS.  The obvious question would be have you tried servers in a different location/country on Air?  It doesn't help you necessarily, but I spend 6-8 hours a day using SSL and numerous Air servers.  I can't remember the last time I lost ANY connection.  I am on linux with a 100+ line so I cover alot of ground and sites during that time too.

Another question would be the consideration of SSH and a different port as a trial.  Done that yet?

Without something to look at you are asking us to GUESS.  The obvious question would be have you tried servers in a different location/country on Air?  It doesn't help you necessarily, but I spend 6-8 hours a day using SSL and numerous Air servers.  I can't remember the last time I lost ANY connection.  I am on linux with a 100+ line so I cover alot of ground and sites during that time too.

Another question would be the consideration of SSH and a different port as a trial.  Done that yet?

Yes, I have tried multiple servers (a total of about 4-5) with SSL, both SSH and SSL seem to be "buggy" and every 1 to 2 hours the connection seems to "drop" but only when using SSL or SSH. I really prefer the SSL because it's diguised as normal HTTPS traffic therefore I cannot be throttled or they will not notice the OpenVPN footprint. This is extremely important for me as I am a heavy downloader, but no, I do not live in a country where my internet is restricted. I have tried using SSL on the closest server to me, and got to about 2-4 hours per session. It seems to be happening less often since I reinstalled, but is still irregular.

Using SSL/SSH, or any TCP method for this matter, can only work well in case you tweak your stack properly.

I wouldn't go into the long debated topic of why TCP over TCP is generally bad for performance/stability, a

great article by itself (http://sites.inka.de/bigred/devel/tcp-tcp.html).

In any case BDK2015, you will have to either provide us the logs from the dropped sessions, or at the minimum,

your idle TCP connection timeouts under whatever OS you are. This can be a good starting point. Without such

data, you will not receive any meaningful help since this is most likely an issue of multiple, various settings.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.