Not connected, Your IP: 13.58.151.231
Sign in to follow this  
rolltroll247

what.cd is permanently banned

Aren't what.cd trying to block VPNs, or was that someone else?

EDIT: Most private trackers seem to want VPNs banned - I think it's to prevent account sharing.

EDIT: Most private trackers seem to want VPNs banned - I think it's to prevent account sharing.

This and also stupid thinking from their admins.

I think it's impossible to accurately record upload/download from an individual user if they are potential sharing the same public ip address as other users

I think it's impossible to accurately record upload/download from an individual user if they are potential sharing the same public ip address as other users

Private trackers generally allow VPN for torrent traffic, but not for browsing or IRC.It is because they want to be able to enforce a ban on problematic users.

If you value your membership, it would be wise not to fight this.

>>I think it's impossible to accurately record upload/download from an individual user if they are potential sharing the same public ip address as other users

Private trackers generally allow VPN for torrent traffic, but not for browsing or IRC.It is because they want to be able to enforce a ban on problematic users.

If you value your membership, it would be wise not to fight this.

I simply skip any private torrent site that doesn't allow a vpn to browse. Luckily few good trackers have the brain to allow it. 

This is not true.

Trackers credit your ratio by accumulating the requests your client sends every few minutes with your passkey.

On private trackers, each torrent file is different and includes the member's passkey - a hash that binds the torrent id + member id.

Your client then reports the ratio of each and every torrent to the tracker URL, the tracker frontend gets the passkey and updates the backend DB.

Many trackers started banning VPNs and there are multiple articles about it on TorrentFreak, together with interviews with some tracker admins.

Their excuse was that the DMCA and copyright actors are using VPNs to "spy" on those trackers. I am not sure how they know it, and how

true this statement is (The same actors also use SSL, but you don't ban SSL because of this), but for now it's probably a given fact that VPNs

will be blocked. The way to bypass it is just using less known servers, for example Air's Latvian servers are on residential IPs.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

This is not true.

Trackers credit your ratio by accumulating the requests your client sends every few minutes with your passkey.

On private trackers, each torrent file is different and includes the member's passkey - a hash that binds the torrent id + member id.

Your client then reports the ratio of each and every torrent to the tracker URL, the tracker frontend gets the passkey and updates the backend DB.

Many trackers started banning VPNs and there are multiple articles about it on TorrentFreak, together with interviews with some tracker admins.

Their excuse was that the DMCA and copyright actors are using VPNs to "spy" on those trackers. I am not sure how they know it, and how

true this statement is (The same actors also use SSL, but you don't ban SSL because of this), but for now it's probably a given fact that VPNs

will be blocked. The way to bypass it is just using less known servers, for example Air's Latvian servers are on residential IPs.

Ok, thank you for an informative reply.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk