Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.148.124
annonymous_today

Slow to almost non existant internet speed

I seem to be having issues with my internet speed. when connected to the VPN my internet speed pretty much drops to nothing and it takes forever for even a page to load. this is the first time i've had an issue, its been running perfectly until today.

i have read a few posts where others have had similar problems but when i read the comments i get confused. I'm not very computer savvy. I hear people talking about UDP's and SSH tunnels etc..but i have no idea what that is.

I'm willing to give anything a go if anyone has any suggestion.

thanks

something that I was taught as early as today, something I forgot about in my client settings is that I set the buffer to a custom size and it had decreased my speed by at least 60%, if you try and set the buffer size higher and go with UDP(or even set it to automatic) you might get better speeds, mine increased to only a 40% speed loss when setting to a 512 KB buffer size, hopefully higher will get me even better.

something that I was taught as early as today, something I forgot about in my client settings is that I set the buffer to a custom size and it had decreased my speed by at least 60%, if you try and set the buffer size higher and go with UDP(or even set it to automatic) you might get better speeds, mine increased to only a 40% speed loss when setting to a 512 KB buffer size, hopefully higher will get me even better.

thanks for the suggestion. is this under the protocol tab? my settings were originally set to automatic until i started having the issue the other day. i have since tried different protocols....UDP, TCP, SSL, i've tried multiple servers and nothing seems to be working. i guess I will keep looking. thanks