Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.222.47
Sign in to follow this  
UrD2Lcc6

Very Slow With AirVPN

I got the Virgin Media 200M connection. Speedtest on a linux distro shows it at full tilt. Windows will also hit 200M. However, as soon as I connect AirVPN using the client or with standalone OpenVPN the speed drops down to 8 or 9M. I have enabled the SSL tunnel in client and also manually when using the OpenVPN app. Same speed issue. When I disconnect my direct Windows connection experiences massive slowdown to slightly higher than the AirVPN 9M. If I uninstall the driver and try again I can get direct connection back up to 200M.

I know there are speed losses due to the encryption etc but 191M loss is ridiculous. 10% loss would be acceptable but this is close to 95%...

So for me my feeling is that there is something wrong with the TAP driver. Any ideas?

Update: ran the portable client on Slax linux and speed without VPN was 206M, speed with AirVPN Portable was 108M. Definitely something wrong with the Windows installation...